Making A Tool To Make A Game
First off, this is a continuation of the previous blogpost that talked about the dialogue system for our upcoming game Ronn For Your Life, so if you haven't already, I suggest you read that one first.
Right, so like I concluded in the previous blogpost, I needed to make a tool that would allow for easy and less error prone creation of the content files for my dialogue system. The first and primary goal of the tool would be to handle automated unique IDs for me for every "branch" of every conversation ever generated. But, as I started to make the tool itself, it became apparant that it would also be very beneficial to make it a fully realized visual suite for all my dialogue content creation needs. Before I knew it, I was in the proces of making a full program.
Before we go further, let's take a look at the sort of files I was creating by hand before, and what the primary problem was:
Okay, so let's explain what's going on here.